ASCD Introduces the New PD QuickKit
Alexandria, VA (01/24/2013)—ASCD, the global leader in providing programs, products, and services that empower educators to support the success of each learner, introduces the new PD QuickKit® digital packs.
PD QuickKits are a cost-effective, powerful new professional development option that combines engaging multimedia resources focused on the most important issues in education today. PD QuickKits can help support the professional development of any size group of educators through a mix of digital materials, which could include
The first PD QuickKit, the Common Core Literacy Pack, is available now and provides a comprehensive set of digital materials targeting literacy strategies to support educators nationwide in implementing the Common Core State Standards. This PD QuickKit contains
- Four self-paced PD Online courses on Common Core State Standards and English literacy, complete with readings, on-demand videos, interactive activities, quizzes, and certificates of completion;
- The PD Online course Core Six: Teaching with the Common Core Standards in Mind, which includes a copy of ASCD's best-selling e-book The Core Six: Essential Strategies for Achieving Excellence with the Common Core;
- ASCD Common Core Literacy Resource Library, which includes 15 on-demand videos of instructional and demonstrated Common Core strategies; and
- Access to additional ASCD Common Core resources.
In the coming months, ASCD will introduce more QuickKits focused on topics of importance to educators nationwide, such as leadership and the Understanding by Design® framework.
"ASCD is pleased to introduce PD QuickKits to educators," said ASCD Executive Director and CEO Dr. Gene R. Carter. "ASCD understands that educators' professional development needs are evolving, and we believe this powerful new solution supports the rapid integration of the best lessons and strategies from some of the leading minds in education directly into the professional practice of educators."
To learn more about ASCD's professional development offerings, visit www.ascd.org/pd. For more information on ASCD's other programs, products, and services or to join ASCD, visit www.ascd.org.
- Stephen Wakefield, communications director, 1-703-575-5764 or by e-mail.
- Marissa Bialecki, communications coordinator, 1-703-575-5461 or by e-mail.