ASCD Releases Official 2013 Holiday Gift Guide for Educators
Alexandria, VA (11/19/2013)—ASCD, a global community dedicated to excellence in learning, teaching, and leading, has rounded up 10 high-impact professional learning resources for this year's holiday guide. This list features gift ideas for educators of all levels—from colleagues and community members who seek targeted growth in a specific area to educators who are after ongoing, year-round support.
"We offer a wide spectrum of professional development offerings to meet the needs of ASCD's diverse membership," said ASCD CEO and Executive Director Dr. Gene R. Carter. "This year's holiday guide is a compilation of popular and powerful tools that any educator can use to meet today’s complex challenges and grow as a professional."
2013 Holiday Gift Guide for Educators
Targeted Resources by Topic
- Boosting staff morale: 100+ Ways to Recognize and Reward Your School Staff, an ASCD book. Experienced administrator Emily E. Houck offers school principals and superintendents a multitude of practical ideas on how to reward staff without breaking the bank. ($20.95 print/e-book; member price: $15.95)
- Reaching disadvantaged students: Engaging Students with Poverty in Mind: Practical Strategies for Raising Achievement, an ASCD book. Renowned educator and learning expert Eric Jensen digs deeper into engagement as the key factor in the academic success of economically disadvantaged students. ($26.95 print/e-book; member price: $19.95)
- School improvement: How to Create a Culture of Achievement in Your School and Classroom, an ASCD book. Veteran educators Douglas Fisher, Nancy Frey, and Ian Pumpian identify five pillars that are crucial to building a culture of achievement. ($27.95 print/e-book; member price: $20.95)
- STEM: The Innovators: STEM Your School, an ASCD DVD. This 45-minute DVD shows how three very different schools prepare students for the jobs of the future by providing a well-rounded education that includes science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. ($155 DVD; member price: $119)
- Supporting populations with special needs: Neurodiversity in the Classroom: Strength-Based Strategies to Help Students with Special Needs Succeed in School and Life, an ASCD book. Veteran educator Thomas Armstrong zeroes in on the strengths of students with learning disabilities, ADHD, autism, intellectual disabilities, and emotional and behavioral disorders through the lens of a new concept on human diversity. ($24.95 print/e-book; member price: $18.95)
- Time management: Short on Time, an ASCD Arias publication. In this short-format publication, school leadership expert and former principal William Sterrett answers the question, How do I make time to lead and learn as a principal? ($12.99 print; $6.99 e-book)
- ASCD membership: Membership offers instant access to a community of dedicated colleagues and award-winning professional development resources, including books, newsletters, and Educational Leadership magazine. Categories range from Basic and Basic Online to Institutional PLUS. (Prices vary.)
- Educational Leadership subscription: ASCD's flagship magazine is now available on a subscription basis in print and digital and digital-only formats, offering unlimited access to hundreds of themed issues on the most crucial education topics. ($35 print and digital/1 year; $62 print and digital/2 years; $30 digital-only/1 year; $52 digital-only/2 years)
- 2014 ASCD Annual Conference and Exhibit Show registration: The main event runs March 15–17 in Los Angeles, Calif., and attracts thousands of educators, experts, and exhibitors from around the world. The networking opportunities are limitless. (Early bird: $325; Early bird member: $259)
- PD In Focus subscription: ASCD's collection of video channels offers hours of anytime, anywhere online learning on topics, including Common Core State Standards and bullying. (E-mail the program team for pricing.)
All products and services are currently available for purchase through the ASCD Online Store, and member prices are available on select offerings. For more information on ASCD's programs, products, and services, or to join, visit www.ascd.org.