Lead the Change to Common Core State Standards: Essential Tools for School and District Leaders
Implementing the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) demands fundamental shifts in how we prepare students to be college and career ready. The Common Core initiative calls for a significant lifting of learning expectations that focus on deeper understanding of content and higher levels of thinking and application.
Transitioning to the CCSS requires leadership that is well versed in the learning and teaching demands of the CCSS and how to effectively implement and monitor its implementation.
This Professional Development Institute will directly address crucial questions being asked by school and district leaders and their leadership teams who are responsible for bringing the Common Core standards to life:
- When the Common Core standards are implemented, what will they look like? How will I know that they are being implemented correctly?
- What needs to happen to move toward full implementation of the CCSS and prepare all students to be college and career ready?
- What is happening right now that we need to keep that is consistent with the standards? What is happening right now that is not consistent with the CCSS that we need to change or stop?
- How do I, as a leader, facilitate this change and make it happen?
- How can I monitor progress during implementation? How will I know when we have been successful?
Registration Fee:$349 (ASCD members), $413 (Nonmembers)
Materials: FREE Understanding Common Core State Standards
Choose a Location to Register
Institutes will be held in the following locations:
- San Diego, Calif.—February 4–5 (PD13CC022) Sold Out!
Location: Hilton Gaslamp Quarter
Presenter: Sue Beers
- San Francisco, Calif.—February 7–8 (PD13CC023) Sold Out!
Location: Hilton San Francisco Union Square
Presenter: Sue Beers
The specific institute locations are listed on the individual registration pages linked above. No hotel room blocks have been set up for these events. We encourage participants to shop for the best price to determine travel costs.
General Registration Information
Print a Registration Form
^ Return to Top