Full Summer Showcase Institutes
July 11–14, 2012 | Baltimore, Md.
The full four-day 2012 Summer Showcase in Baltimore, Md., includes
- Day One: “Creating the Opportunity to Learn: Moving From Research to Practice to Close the Achievement Gap” with Darla Scott and MaKelia Mitchell
- Day Two: “Equity, Access, and Rigor: Helping Traditionally Under-Represented Students Access and Be Successful with Highly Rigorous Courses” with Robyn Jackson
- Day Three: “Motivating Black Males to Achieve in School and in Life” with Baruti Kafele
- Day Four: “Poverty and Underachievement: How Schools and Districts Lead Students to Success" with William Parrett and Kathleen Budge
- Darla Scott and MaKelia Mitchell, Capstone Institute/Howard University, Washington, D.C.
- Robyn Jackson, ASCD Author and Education Consultant, Washington, D.C.
- Baruti Kafele, Newark Tech High School, Jersey City, N.J.
- William Parrett and Kathleen Budge, Boise State University, Idaho
Four-Day Registration Fee: $489 (ASCD members), $563 (Nonmembers)
Registration Code: PD12GF054
Materials Fee: $91
- (Day One) Creating the Opportunity to Learn: Moving from Research to Practice to Close the Achievement Gap
- (Day Two) How to Plan Rigorous Instruction (Mastering the Principles of Great Teaching) and How to Support Struggling Students
- (Day Three) Motivating Black Males to Achieve in School and in Life
- (Day Four) Turning High-Poverty Schools into High-Performing Schools