Benefits and Range of Services
Why Choose ASCD for Capacity Building?
- ASCD has been educators' professional learning partner for over 65 years.
- ASCD is the trusted source for educators for translating research to practice through programs, products, and services.
- ASCD’s professional development has always supported the focus on short-term investments for long-term benefits in changing teacher and leader practices that support increased student achievement.
Range of Services
ASCD is committed to providing both face-to-face and virtual professional development services to develop educators into local experts in specific instructional and leadership practices.
These services include
- Face-to-face and/or facilitated virtual learning experiences scheduled at various intervals to teach specific instructional and leadership practices.
- Ongoing follow-up work in targeted schools and classrooms for observation and feedback.
- Face-to-face and virtual facilitation by ASCD Faculty members of meetings with teacher leaders and administrators, with follow-up lessons and classroom visitations focusing on objectives determined by administrators, teacher leaders, or teachers.
- Ongoing follow-up support in setting up demonstration classrooms as models for schools and districts.
- Regular meetings involving ASCD Faculty members and district administrators, principals, and other school leaders to assess and reflect on program implementation and progress in achieving the district or school's student achievement goals and objectives.
- Ongoing follow-up professional development with principals and other administrators to assure support for teachers and teacher leaders in implementing specific instructional practices and to influence changing leadership practices in service to the support.
- Follow-up by ASCD with teacher leaders and administrators to support them in planning, leading, and implementing job-embedded professional development with their colleagues. The work includes the use of books, online products, and practical application tools to support ongoing learning and sustainability.
Implementation Planning and Evaluation
ASCD Professional Development staff and ASCD Faculty members work with district, school, regional, or state leaders to develop implementation plans using individualized needs assessment results.
The resulting plan includes the five levels of professional development evaluation and focuses on the development of data-gathering tools and processes and ongoing follow-up with leadership to ensure appropriate data are gathered.
Collaboration with the ASCD team of professionals assures quality implementation.