The Charlotte Danielson Library of Professional Development Resources
The ASCD Teacher Effectiveness Suite offers a comprehensive on-demand library of professional development resources for Charlotte Danielson’s Framework for Teaching.
- Documents—Articles written by Charlotte Danielson that connect theory to practice and provide research-based insights to her framework with an in-depth explanation of the 4 domains, 22 components, and 76 elements of the framework for teaching
- Charlotte Danielson explains and provides examples of each of domain, component, and element in her framework
- Classroom footage demonstrates how theory is applied to teaching practice
- Teacher Tools—Planning documents, feedback and coaching forms, reflective questionnaires, and student activities linked to improved teacher practice.
- Forms and Rubrics—Used for conducting observations, walkthroughs, hiring interviews, and teacher self-assessments
The online library is available 24-7 and provides professional development without incurring travel costs.
Each item in the Danielson Library is connected to its appropriate component and domain in the framework for teaching. This allows for targeted professional development delivery when used in conjunction with iObservation or iGrow.
Advantages for Teachers Using the Framework for Teaching