iObservation: Supervising and Supporting Effective Teaching
iObservation is an online system that collects, manages, and reports longitudinal data from classroom walkthroughs and teacher observations. It identifies growth areas and delivers targeted professional development. iObservation supports a culture of trust and transparency where observers and teachers can work together to increase student achievement.
iObservation enables schools and districts to
- Efficiently implement Charlotte Danielson's Framework for Teaching.
- Streamline data collection and reduce paperwork.
- Establish a common language of instruction based on Charlotte Danielson's Framework for Teaching.
- Bridge the gap between state standards and implementation.
- Connect teaching practices to gains in student achievement.
- Develop trust with teachers through a focused, fair, and transparent observation process.
- Engage in reflection and collaboration within virtual professional learning communities.
- Save time and money by delivering targeted professional development based on individual need.
- Build capacity and implement for sustainability.
- Align with competitive state and federal grant requirements.
Who Should Use iObservation?
iObservation is an ideal solution for schools or districts looking for
- A comprehensive, effective school improvement solution.
- Tools for efficient, digital classroom walkthroughs and observations.
- Tools for teachers and administrators to connect teaching practices to student data collected at the classroom level.
- A common language of instruction based on Charlotte Danielson's Framework for Teaching to better communicate goals and expectations.
Learn more about the Suite's capabilities by visiting the Danielson Collection at iObservation.com.
If you want a classroom walkthrough and observation system with minimal teacher participation, or if you want to run a pilot program, try iObservation Basic, a lightweight and affordable option.
Charlotte Danielson Describes the Powerful Collaboration Between ASCD and iObservation