Common Core State Standards Webinars
We've Started, Now What? Leading Phase Two of Common Core Implementation
Recorded February 6, 2013
The Common Core State Standards and associated shifts have been introduced. Now what? This session will identify useful tools and strategies for going deeper with the standards using easily available resources for administrators and teacher leaders to use in planning, implementing, and monitoring the Common Core State Standards for English language arts/ literacy and mathematics. Join presenter Judy Carr for the second of a two-part webinar series on effective implementation leadership for the Common Core State Standards.
The Principal’s Role in Bringing the Common Core State Standards to Routine Use: Essential Levers for Change
Recorded May 15, 2012
Presenter Judy Carr will focus on the role of the principal in using key levers for change to bring the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) to routine use throughout the school. Within the context of the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium standards and research on change, participants will examine how to drive implementation of the CCSS using
- Common vision of effective implementation.
- Professional development and support.
- Teacher evaluation and walkthroughs.
Creating Communities of Support for Implementing the Common Core State Standards
Recorded March 13, 2012
You don’t have to implement the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) alone! District, school, and classroom personnel can collaborate and create communities of support toward successful implementation. In this webinar, Judy will provide specific protocols and processes that attendees can use immediately. In addition, participants will
- Explore questions and processes for gaining shared understanding of the standards.
- Discover how to become critical consumers.
- Learn how to use data and engage in "Data Dialogues" as a key element of collaboration.
- Learn how to support learners to successfully attain the CCSS.