At the time of publication, the following ASCD resources were available; for the most up-to-date information about ASCD resources, go to www.ascd.org. ASCD stock numbers are noted in parentheses.
- Applying Understanding by Design to School Improvement Planning by Jay McTighe and Ronald S. Thomas (#202143)
- Structures That Support Understanding by Design
by Fran Prolman and Grant Wiggins (#299321)
- Understanding by Design: Structures and Strategies for Designing School Reform by Jay McTighe and Grant Wiggins: (#202189)
- Walking the Talk: Applying Standards to Our Own Work
by Jay McTighe and Grant Wiggins (#200334)
- What Does Understanding by Design Have to Do with Professional Development by Harolyn Katherman and others (#202137)
- Working Smarter in Curriculum Design
by Jay McTighe and Grant Wiggins (#20114)
Visit the ASCD Web site (www.ascd.org) and click on About ASCD. Under the header of Your Partnership with ASCD, click on Networks for information about professional educators who have formed groups around topics, including “Arts in Education,” “Authentic Assessment,” and “Brain-Based Compatible Learning.” Look in the Network Directory for current facilitators' addresses and phone numbers.
- Understanding by Design: An Introduction (register for these online or by calling ASCD)
- Understanding by Design: Six Facets of Understanding
- Understanding by Design: The Backward Design Process
- Integrating Differentiated Instruction & Understanding by Design: Connecting Content and Kids by Carol Ann Tomlinson and Jay McTighe (#105004)
- Understanding by Design Expanded 2nd Edition
by Grant Wiggins and Jay McTighe (#103055)
- The Understanding by Design Handbook
by Jay McTighe and Grant Wiggins (#199030)
- Understanding by Design Professional Development Workbook
by Jay McTighe and Grant Wiggins (#103056)
- Understanding by Design Study Guide
- Understanding by Design Bundle for Study Groups, includes 10 copies of Understanding by Design and 1 copy of the
The ASCD Understanding by Design Faculty: ASCD will arrange for a UBD expert to deliver onsite training tailored to the needs of your school, district, or regional service agency. Call (703) 578-9600, ext. 5677
- The Understanding by Design Video Series, three tapes (#400241)
Professional Development Online, at http://pdonline.ascd.org, features several UbD-related online study courses.
The UbD Exchange, at http://www.ubdexchange.org/, features a database of units designed using the Understanding by Design framework. It contains short tutorials and self-checks to guide designers through the electronic unit template as they build units and assessments to store in the database. Users of the Exchange can interact with others by giving and receiving feedback on curriculum units using the design standards.
Exemplars of essential questions, enduring understandings, performance tasks, rubrics, and learning activities are highlighted with blue ribbons and trophies awarded by the authors and other expert UbD trainers.
For additional resources, visit us on the World Wide Web (http://www.ascd.org), send an e-mail message to
email@example.com, call the ASCD Service Center (1-800-933-ASCD or 703-578-9600, then press 2), send a fax to 703-575-5400, or write to Information Services, ASCD, 1703 N. Beauregard St., Alexandria, VA 22311-1714 USA.