At the time of publication, the following ASCD resources were available (ASCD stock numbers appear in parentheses). For up-to-date information about ASCD resources, go to www.ascd.org.
- How to Spiral Questions to Provoke Student Thinking
- Learning to Thinking … Thinking to Learn: The Pathway to Achievement
(DVD and user guide #607087)
Visit the ASCD Web site (www.ascd.org). Under About ASCD, follow the links to Networks for information about professional educators who have formed groups around topics, including "Character Education," "Overseas and International Schools," "Brain-Based Compatible Learning," and "Global Education." Look in the "Network Directory" for current facilitators' addresses and phone numbers.
- Improving Student Achievement with Dimensions of Learning (#PD05OC50)
- Building Background Knowledge for Academic Achievement: Research on What Works in Schools Robert J. Marzano (#104017)
- Developing Minds: A Resource Book for Teaching Thinking Arthur L. Costa (#101063)
- Educating the Whole Child (action tool) John Brown (#709036)
- Getting to "Got It!" Helping Struggling Students Learn How to Learn
Betty K. Garner (#107024)
- Learning and Leading with Habits of Mind: 16 Essential Characteristics for Success Arthur L. Costa and Bena Kallick (#108008)
- A Teacher's Guide to Multisensory Learning: Improving Literacy By Engaging the Senses Lawrence Baines (#108009)
- Teaching for Meaning (theme issue) Educational Leadership
- Teaching Students to Think (theme issue) Educational Leadership
For more information, send e-mail to
email@example.com; call 1-800-933-2723 or 703-578-9600; send a fax to 703-575-5400; or write to Information Services, ASCD, 1703 N. Beauregard St., Alexandria, VA 22311-1714 USA.