In this chapter you will …
- Understand what makes instruction rigorous.
- Understand each of the stages of rigorous learning. Learn how to systematically move students through the stages of rigorous instruction.
- Learn instructional strategies you can use at each stage of instruction to prepare students for the stages to come.
- Plan rigorous learning activities for your students in an upcoming unit.
- Your plans for an upcoming unit, including the objectives, the day-to-day plans, and the essential understanding or "big ideas."
- Any assignments you will give for the upcoming unit.
- The summative assessment for the upcoming unit.
- Any curriculum guides for the unit provided by your school or district.
* * *